Google Summer of Code 2016 Ideas Page

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Nov 17 06:20:10 PST 2015

On Fri, 2015-11-06 at 13:53 +0000, CraigDillabaugh via Digitalmars-d-
announce wrote:
> On Friday, 6 November 2015 at 09:07:36 UTC, Gerald Jansen wrote:
> > On Friday, 6 November 2015 at 03:17:59 UTC, Craig Dillabaugh
> > wrote:
> > > The ideas page for the 2016 Google Summer of Code is now up:
> > >
> > > http://wiki.dlang.org/GSOC_2016_Ideas
> >
> > Concerning "Phobos: D Standard Library", specifically
> > std.parallel, how about "a fork()-backend to std.process OR
> > std.parallel" as mentioned in this post [1].
> >
> > [1]
> > http://forum.dlang.org/post/lpktvvgesolvoprjwrln@forum.dlang.org
>
> Would you be interested in mentoring that?
>
> Also, for anything Phobos related it would be good to have
> general consensus that the project would eventually make its way
> into std.experimental at least. The discussion you linked to
> proposed the idea, but there wasn't much follow on. Perhaps a
> proposal should be floated on the General thread.

Sadly I am not really sure what that comment was suggesting. Given
there was a claim of 3x speed up there must have been code. If that
code could be put forward then experiments could be run. Possibly
something for GSoC in that alone.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk