Graillon 1.0, VST effect fully made with D

Guillaume Piolat via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 26 07:48:46 PST 2015

OT: Readers of this NG probably know me under the name "ponce",
however over the year I was made aware that it's an english swear
word so I'll post under my IRL name from now on.

I'm happy to release my first commercial software, it's a voice
effect designed for singers, follows the VST 2.x format, and is
made entirely with D (LDC 0.16.0 for OSX 64-bit, DMD 2.069.0 for
the rest).

http://www.auburnsounds.com/products/Graillon.html

Using D has been an interesting ride, even for a long-time user,
but it went better than expected.

I don't really have a point to prove, but I'm really tired with
people arguing that a language with GC can't possibly do
real-time. It's not like you are unallowed to optimize.

I've only ever worked in real-time systems. All of those, except
for one with 32kB of RAM, could have afforded a GC.
Actually very, very few development time was allocated to deal
with the GC, if any.

If you want to make audio effects with D too, this one uses
"dplug" which was announced already:
https://github.com/p0nce/dplug

Thanks for reading.