Graillon 1.0, VST effect fully made with D

Guillaume Piolat via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 26 14:09:55 PST 2015

On Thursday, 26 November 2015 at 19:48:15 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2015-11-26 16:48, Guillaume Piolat wrote:
>
>> If you want to make audio effects with D too, this one uses
>> "dplug"
>> which was announced already: https://github.com/p0nce/dplug
>
> I see that you mention Mac OS X 10.6 as the supported version.
> LDC only supports 10.7 and later. The reason is that's the
> first version that has native TLS in OS X. For DMD I wouldn't
> go below 10.6. I don't think there's an official lowest version
> that is supported but I know that there has been some bugs
> reported specifically for 10.5. 10.4 was never properly
> supported, If I recall correctly.

People on OS X 10.6 don't use 64-bit audio plugins, so this
combination is indeed missing but shouldn't be a problem. The
transition to 64-bit occured starting with 10.7 if I understand
correctly.

With the 64-bit binary I only support 10.7+ through LDC.

The big surprise was that DMD can produce OSX shared libraries at
all. For good measure I've removed TLS usage I know in the 32-bit
binaries. I haven't seem a change in behaviour.

LDC makes approximatively 2x faster code on vanilla D.
DMD forced me to write some assembly, that made the LDC binary
slower.