Graillon 1.0, VST effect fully made with D

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 26 20:45:17 PST 2015

On Thursday, 26 November 2015 at 17:14:34 UTC, Gary Willoughby
wrote:
> On Thursday, 26 November 2015 at 15:48:48 UTC, Guillaume Piolat
> wrote:
>> I'm happy to release my first commercial software, it's a
>> voice effect designed for singers, follows the VST 2.x format,
>> and is made entirely with D (LDC 0.16.0 for OSX 64-bit, DMD
>> 2.069.0 for the rest).
>
> Awesome. Please write a blog post detailing your experiences
> with D while writing this software and share on reddit. It
> would be good PR especially the comments about the GC.

Everybody like to think what they do is so real time sensitive
they can't possibly afford a GC. Really, that is just self
importance getting into the way of good judgement.

Yet, some can't afford a GC. But the set of people that can't
afford a GC is significantly smaller than the set of people that
think/say they can't afford a GC.