Graillon 1.0, VST effect fully made with D

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 26 23:47:07 PST 2015

On 2015-11-26 23:09, Guillaume Piolat wrote:

> People on OS X 10.6 don't use 64-bit audio plugins, so this combination
> is indeed missing but shouldn't be a problem. The transition to 64-bit
> occured starting with 10.7 if I understand correctly.

I don't know what the audio industry is using but the 10.4 was the first
version to get limited support for 64bit. I would say that 10.6 is a
fully 64bit compatible OS [1]. Even if the kernel is running in 32bit
mode you can run applications in 64bit, if the CPU supports that.

> With the 64-bit binary I only support 10.7+ through LDC.

Ah, ok, I see.

> The big surprise was that DMD can produce OSX shared libraries at all.
> For good measure I've removed TLS usage I know in the 32-bit binaries. I
> haven't seem a change in behaviour.

Is anyone still using 32bit on OS X?

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_OS_X_Snow_Leopard#64-bit_architecture

--