Graillon 1.0, VST effect fully made with D

Guillaume Piolat via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 27 17:31:20 PST 2015

On Friday, 27 November 2015 at 17:12:05 UTC, Jonny wrote:

> You have no idea what you are talking about! It is mentalities
> like yours that cause headaches for musicians and engineers who
> work with RT audio.
>
> Do you realize that even 5 ms of jitter can be felt by the
> listener and musician as being off? 5 ms of latency can be felt
> and 20ms is unacceptable.

"jitter" is not "latency", you don't have "5 ms" of jitter.

> What if someone wants to use your plugin live? You think it is
> acceptable to have latency and jitter?

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

Besides, noone reported anything like that, because there is no
reason for it to happen (see below).

> What about glitches because your GC decides to run at the same
> time as all the other GC's?

Actually the GC never triggers, and if it triggers:
- the heap size is so small it would get scanned super fast
- the audio thread isn't blocked since unregistered

Tell me more how I can bring harm to this world.

> If you spend 10 hrs a day working in a DAW with thousands of
> VST's you'd have more of an appreciation of RT audio and design.

But you have that understanding, I guess?