Visual D 0.3.43 released - better support for VS 2015

Daniel N via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Nov 28 01:59:41 PST 2015

On Saturday, 28 November 2015 at 09:14:03 UTC, Rainer Schuetze
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there is a new release of Visual D available at
>
> http://rainers.github.io/visuald/visuald/StartPage.html
>
> This time there is no major new feature to announce, but quite
> a few improvements to
>
> * VS 2015 support
> * building with LDC
> * configuration dialogs
> * C++ to D conversion wizard
>
> See
> http://rainers.github.io/visuald/visuald/VersionHistory.html
> for the complete list of changes and the version history.
>
> Visual D is a Visual Studio extension that adds D language
> support to VS2005-2015. It is written in D, its source code can
> be found on github:
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/visuald.
>
> Rainer

Thanks, works great. Only some minor issues:
Some of the GUI optimization options doesn't propagate correctly
to ldc.

inline: no effect
boundscheck: no effect
singleobj: no gui option available and without it, the
performance of my app is abysmal, that's how I noticed these
issues.
Optimization levels: only one level is exposed in the GUI

Fortunately the workaround is easy, adding this to "additional
options":
-O5 -inline -boundscheck=off -singleobj

Daniel N