Graillon 1.0, VST effect fully made with D

Guillaume Piolat via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 29 03:58:15 PST 2015

On Sunday, 29 November 2015 at 08:12:17 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Sunday, 29 November 2015 at 06:18:13 UTC, Jonny wrote:
>> While, this doesn't prove you don't have a clue about jitter,
>> my guess is, you don't.
>
> Yes, jitter is bad and worse than latency, but OS-X AudioUnits
> run at a high priority thread where you cannot do system calls,
> malloc or run a GC. So the GC statements are misleading.

Wait.
What GC statements are _misleading_?

I've never said the GC is compatible with real-time, it isn't. I
said, we can avoid it in a small part of an application and be
real-time. So D can do real-time (audio).