Graillon 1.0, VST effect fully made with D

Guillaume Piolat via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 29 04:40:28 PST 2015

On Sunday, 29 November 2015 at 12:28:49 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> The sound samples sound quite a bit like the classic vocal
> sound of Infected Mushroom to my ears, which is cool.

Infected Mushroom released another plugin recently:
http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/infected-mushroom-present-the-i-wish-granular-note-freezing-plugin-631043

> I assume you are using a peak detector to get the consonants
> through and granular synthesis to do the frequency shifting in
> the time domain?

It's a pitch-tracking poly-Bode-shifter. The pitch tracking part
is secret(tm).
The frequency shifting is regular, doesn't need Overlap Add like
pitch-shifting.

> Maybe something like this for transients, or perhaps something
> less involved?
>
> http://recherche.ircam.fr/anasyn/roebel/paper/icmc2003.pdf

The phase vocoders of IRCAM are very impressive at work, they
have. I remember a demo where they changed male to female with
algorithms tuned for a voice.
But it has different latency characteristics, overlapped FFT
easily goes into the 20/30 ms.