Walter and I talk about D in Romania

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 5 07:10:40 PDT 2015

On Friday, 2 October 2015 at 11:25:44 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Walter and I will travel to Brasov, Romania to hold an
> evening-long event on the D language. There's been strong
> interest in the event with over 300 registrants so far.
>
> http://curiousminds.ro
>
> Scott Meyers will guest star in a panel following the talks.
> We're all looking forward to it!

Not going to miss this opportunity!

But... all this sure is confusing (at least for a
non-regular-conference-goer).

Registration is free, OK, so what's the catch? Maybe attendance
isn't? Or are we expected to stay at Hotel Kronwell? :)

I filled in the "join for free" form, but all I got is
confirmation that I subscribed to a mailing list... no
confirmation of registration or anything...

And with over 300 registrants 3 days ago, there is no feedback on
whether the conference is booked out or anything!