DSFML reaches version 2.1

Jeremy DeHaan via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 7 22:37:57 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 7 October 2015 at 17:13:13 UTC, Jeremy DeHaan wrote:
> On Wednesday, 7 October 2015 at 16:44:30 UTC, Israel wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 7 October 2015 at 06:43:18 UTC, Jeremy DeHaan
>> wrote:
>>> It is my pleasure to announce that DSFML hit version 2.1!
>>> This version has been a long time coming, but this represents
>>> a huge milestone for DSFML (and for me!)
>>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> Oh and you forgot to include these in the prebuilt binaries
>> for windows.
>>
>> libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
>> libsndfile-1.dll
>> libstdc++-6.dll
>> libwinpthread-1.dll
>> openal32.dll
>
> Crap! Iknew I forgot something.  I'll get that fixed tonight.
> You should only be missing the libsndfile and openal dll's
> though. I statically linked to everything else.  Apparently
> MinGW doesn't like to do static links to these libraries?
> Maybe I'll rebuild it with VC instead.

Digging a bit, it looks like this happens in the CMake stuff.
Basically, in normal SFML, the CMake file doesn't allow you to
statically link to the std libs if you're building a .dll. I felt
like with D we don't care as much about that, so I disabled the
check. As far as I can tell it should work fine when built with
VC(it forces /MT), but nothing special happens with MinGW so it
still links dynamically to everything. I think I can fix it to
work automatically, but for now I'll instead simply redo the
packages to include those files. Thanks for catching that.