Beta D 2.069.0-b1

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Oct 11 12:17:08 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 11 October 2015 at 17:57:54 UTC, Meta wrote:
> Just a joke; I consider this a terrible  aspect of D.

:) I never know what is a joke or not in the forums these days.

Anyway, a key difference is that a key inspiration for both BETA
and also the actor model is modelling physical (or imaginary)
world processes . In that context it makes sense to think of a
variable as a "process/object" that can store what you send to it
just like a printer is an "process/object" asked to print what
you send to it.

Most imperative languagedesign struggles with the stateful
process vs pure math aspect of programming IMO.