Beta D 2.069.0-b1

Meta via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 14 17:05:39 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 13 October 2015 at 16:07:50 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> What doesn't work for you?
>
> extern int f();
> struct T(F){}
> T!f t; //Error: template instance T!(f) does not match template
> declaration T(F)
> struct A(alias F){}
> A!f a; //works

I don't remember. I fixed the issues a few weeks ago using
various hackarounds. The main area that problems pop up is in
metaprogramming where you don't know what you're working with
(could be a member function, free function, template function,
etc.). It's very hard to deal with optional parens generically,
and you have to take special care to ensure that the compiler
doesn't think you're calling a function when that's not what you
meant to do.