Fastest JSON parser in the world is a D project

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 16 05:53:13 PDT 2015

On 10/16/15 6:20 AM, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
> On Thursday, 15 October 2015 at 22:13:07 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
>> On Thursday, October 15, 2015 14:51:58 Johannes Pfau via
>> Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
>>> BTW: Is there a reason why the code is GPL licensed? I understand
>>> that people might want to use more restrictive licenses, but isn't
>>> LGPL a better replacement for GPL when writing library code? Doesn't
>>> the GPL force everybody _using_ fast.json to also use the GPL license?
>>>
>>> See: http://stackoverflow.com/a/10179181/471401
>>
>> I think that you might be able to link code with various other
>> compatible, open source licenses against it, but you definitely can't
>> link any proprietary code aganist it.
>
> Yes, you can. GPL only affects distribution of executables to third
> party, it doesn't affect services. Maybe you are thinking of AGPL, which
> also affects services. But even AGPL allows internal usage.

No, you cannot link against GPL library without making your code also
GPL. "Services" I don't think have anything to do with this, we are
talking about binary linking.

-Steve