Fastest JSON parser in the world is a D project

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 17 04:12:08 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 17 October 2015 at 09:30:47 UTC, Marco Leise wrote:
> It is trivial to read into an allocated block when the file
> size is below a threshold. I would just need a rough file size.
> Are you talking about 4K pages or mega-bytes? 64 KiB maybe?

Maybe, I guess you could just focus on what you think is the
primary usage patterns for your library and benchmark those for
different parameters.

If you want to test processing of many small files combined with
computationally/memory intensive tasks then you could try to
construct a simple benchmark where you iterate over memory
(M*cache 3 size) using a "realistic" pattern like brownian motion
in N threads and also repeatedly/concurrently load JSON code for
different file sizes so that the CPUs page table mechanisms are
stressed by mmap, cache misses and (possibly) page faults.