Walter Bright, Scott Meyers and me live on the most watched morning show in Romania

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 19 04:57:59 PDT 2015

On Mon, 2015-10-19 at 11:48 +0000, rumbu via Digitalmars-d-announce
wrote:
> On Saturday, 17 October 2015 at 22:39:17 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> > On 10/17/2015 02:36 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> > > use Google Translate for the text).
> >
> > Ok, let's try it: His name is Andrei Alexandrescu - and is
> > famous as "novel from Facebook".
> >
> > :)
> >
> > Ali
>
> That's because they don't use diacritics:
> romanul = the novel
> românul = the Romanian

So diacritical marks are critical.

I guess this is an other reason all software dealing with text should
use Unicode and not ASCII, EBCDIC,…

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk