Coedit 2 alpha 1 - now with dub

Pradeep Gowda via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 22 12:10:55 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 22 October 2015 at 14:57:22 UTC, BBasile wrote:
> On Wednesday, 21 October 2015 at 16:59:09 UTC, Jack Stouffer
> wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 20 October 2015 at 12:46:51 UTC, BBasile wrote:

>>> Yes, I don't care anymore.
>>>
>>> The fact is that I always knew that I was losing my time but
>>> this was acceptable until a certain point.
>>>
>>> Anyway, you know, when you like no longer, negative critics
>>> take over. So, to continue would have been quite unhealthy.
>>
>> Why not just leave it up for someone else to take over in a
>> fork?
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmk94uooJCU
>
> "well, I feel really stupid right now..."
>
> No. Seriously, to delete everything is a bit immature. Maybe
> I'll resurect Coedit with a new branding in a few monthes but
> for now I'm still a bit angry with D and the D people...

I'm sorry you feel that way. Let me tell you the positive
influence CoEdit had on me.

I'm a newbie to D, who was looking for an IDE on Mac. I found
CoEdit on github and realised it does not compile on Mac OSX, and
posted an issue and followed up a couple of small PRs. (username:
btbytes)

This was good for me in two respects:

1. I had never programmed in Pascal before and CoEdit gave me an
opportunity.
2. I felt i had made positive contribution to people using D on
Mac.

I hope that you will be back on github with CoEdit.