DConf 2016, Berlin: Call for Submissions is now open!

Rory McGuire via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 29 05:55:27 PDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 1:55 PM, ponce via Digitalmars-d-announce <
digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, 29 October 2015 at 11:19:16 UTC, Rory McGuire wrote:
>

>> Most, if not all the logos that have stood the test of time are simple,
>> clean and are easily recognizable in almost any size.
>> The base of the current D logo fits these specs I think.
>>

> Unless I'm misunderstanding, DConf logo aren't intended to be reused over
> years.
>
> They don't need to stand the test of time like the D logo (which is a
> topic already discussed at length, let's not derail), so it was my
> understanding it could be a bit more "unsafe".

Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines that; at a glance it should be
apparent that this is the same D as dlang.org, not that it should be the
exact same. There must be some awesome things that are specific to Berlin,
and possibly D in Berlin which could be used for the creative process.

There are a couple of buildings:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Architecture_in_Berlin

The primary sponsor is Sociomantic could there be some creative inspiration
there?
https://www.sociomantic.com/blog/2014/06/top-10-ways-to-make-the-most-of-summer-sociomantic-style/#.VjIVyHwrLn0

These things can be used as inspiration I don't mean to distract or detract
from your work, more like a friend of the community giving input that
no-one has given as yet.

Cheers,
-Rory