"Programming in D" ebook is available for purchase

Joakim via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 30 00:29:05 PDT 2015

On Friday, 30 October 2015 at 06:29:42 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 10/29/2015 08:59 PM, Joakim wrote:
>
> > it's very easy to set up a bitcoin address to receive
> donations
>
> I really appreciate it but... I am embarrassed to reveal that I
> don't want to have bitcoins. :) I can't explain this
> rationally; perhaps I was bitten by a coin in the dark when I
> was a young child; I don't know... The feeling is very similar
> to my not wanting to be on LinkedIn, Facebook, and other
> similar things. :)

I can understand not wanting to be on any of those social
networks: I have never joined a social network, including
twitter, and don't read, let alone register with, any of the
link-sharing sites, like reddit, with the rare exception of a
D-related link in the forum.  If a blog or forum requires a
facebook/google/twitter login, anything more than an email
address, I don't comment.  I resisted joining github till I had
to in order to contribute to D.

But I don't see how bitcoin is similar to any of those, perhaps
you have _some_ explanation?  You don't have to keep the bitcoin,
all those sites will buy your bitcoin with dollars anytime you
want.  It's just an open way to trade value- in your case, just
another payment/donation method- I don't see the issue.  If it
required setting up a bunch of software, sure, but those websites
make it easy to set up, as they run the client for you.