CppCast interview

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 31 03:24:13 PDT 2015

digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/3qs888/cppcast_d_with_andrei_alexandrescu/

> > @35:00: "One great thing about being part of several programming
language communities is that you get to see how a whole community can miss
a point."

> > Andrei
>
> You're a walking sound bite generator.

On the note of inlining C++ into D.  I guess this is the domain where we
will have to rely on LTO taking you there.  Not an advertisable feature
though.

Catching foreign language exceptions.  It's supported but we only act as a
messenger.  Intercept the thrown exception and pass it on, with the
expectation that higher up the backtrace is the C++ or whatever language
catch handler to deal with it.  I don't see catching or throwing C++
exceptions from D ever happening.  At least, you need more help than just
mangling and layout.