D-Day for DMD is today!

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 1 06:44:17 PDT 2015

On 9/1/15 6:48 AM, "Luís Marques  <luis at luismarques.eu> wrote:
> On Sunday, 23 August 2015 at 05:17:33 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> We have made the switch from C++ DMD to D DMD!
>
> Is there a rough prediction of when the use of phobos in ddmd will start
> to be accepted?

I'm not a dmd dev, but I'm not sure it will be accepted, since phobos is
very unstable. We have to be cautious about making dmd breakable easily
by a change to phobos.

Of course, I think there is a baseline dmd/gdc/ldc that must be used to
build dmd, so perhaps as long as you use phobos features that work
there, it will be OK.

-Steve