D-Day for DMD is today!

via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 2 07:52:18 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 13:23:50 UTC, Rory McGuire
wrote:
> Surely the compiler should always rely on the previous compiler
> + standard library versions.
>
> Is there really a valid reason not to do this? Surely if the
> dog food is so bad no one should be eating?

I am hoping that DMD will be refactored to be a showcase for
idiomatic D. I think that would help a lot, but in terms of
attracting new developers, PR and general eco system improvements.

Andrei mentioned a new versions of his book being on the horizon.
I assume that also means that the language spec will change and
that there will be a need for a new hands to help implement it.