1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 3 08:20:07 PDT 2015

On 09/02/2015 11:27 AM, Enamex wrote:

> Free will and consciousness?
>
> ... Not to be a jerk, but I thought we hadn't settled these problems yet
> as they apply to already existing sapient beings, which just happen to
> be us. I'm more amused than skeptical, to be honest, given the release
> date for a 'demonstration' if it's supposed to have even half of that
> list even 1/10th implemented.

My thoughts exactly.

Reminds me of a (print) article I came across one time. It was about the
idea of AI consciousness, but the whole article was based on one hell of
a gigantic assumption: That consciousness is a natural consequence of a
sufficiently large neural net. It's a fine and interesting idea, but
PURELY speculative, with zero evidence and not even any way of testing
for evidence since, like you say, we can't even figure out the first
thing about consciousness as it relates to ourselves and each other, let
alone to machines.