1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 4 02:15:14 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 3 September 2015 at 15:20:27 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
wrote:
> based on one hell of a gigantic assumption: That consciousness
> is a natural consequence of a sufficiently large neural net.
> It's a fine and interesting idea, but PURELY speculative, with
> zero evidence and not even any way of testing for evidence
> since, like you say, we can't even figure out the first thing
> about consciousness as it relates to ourselves and each other,
> let alone to machines.

Given a large enough table one could encode perceived human
behaviour with a lookup-table... So all we need is a computer
program that itself claims to possess consciousness. Would that
be a scam? Maybe Asame Obiomah is a computer program claiming to
be a man writing a computer program. Would that make it
intelligent? Hm.