1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

Grand_Axe via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 6 03:19:05 PDT 2015

On Friday, 4 September 2015 at 20:48:54 UTC, Márcio Martins wrote:
> On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 14:41:20 UTC, GrandAxe wrote:
>> This is to inform the D Language community that the first
>> viable general artificial algorithm is being written in D. It
>> is called Organic Big data intelligence (OBI); the website is
>> at www.okeuvo.com.
>>
>> Some of its capabilities are:
>>
>> 1. Ability to learn
>> 2. Ability to analyse
>> 3. Problem solving
>> 4. Moral judgement
>> 5. Ability to feel emotions
>> 6. Free will
>> 7. Consciousness
>> 8. Self awareness
>>
>> D Language was chosen for its versatility. It is a language
>> with high level syntax and low capabilities, as well as
>> excellent performance and being open source.
>>
>> Unnetworked personal mobile devices are the target platform
>> for the standard implementation of OBI. A demonstration
>> release is scheduled for the end of this month (September
>> 2015). The demonstration release will comprehend English prose
>> only, later releases will be able to process input from other
>> languages, as well as sensory input.
>> OBI will be a mixture of open and closed source modules.
>>
>> To God be the Glory.
>>
>> Asame Obiomah
>
> It seems to me that at least 5, 6 are counter-productive, and
> go against the goals stated in your website. Nevermind how
> difficulty it would be to implement them, it seems like you
> haven't thought this through carefully enough.
>
> On the other hand, I'm curious to know why you chose D to make
> this announcement?

Can you expand on why you say 5, 6 are counter-productive? Bear
in mind that even in human society, free will itself is limited
in a lot of ways; by laws, customs, traditions, emotions,
patterns (eg form follows function) etc. It will be the same for
machines.

I chose D because of its capabilities (previously stated) as well
as something I did not mention in my initial post; D is an open
source, community effort not controlled by any major corporation;
as much as is possible, strong AI should be owned by all so that
it does not become a menace (cannot be overemphasised).

On the shamelessly selfish side, the choice of D offers me the
opportunity to finally learn D after skirting the prospect for a
number of years. :)

There is also the possibility that certain plugins will be
written in C# since it has a robust query language implementation
(LINQ) and is now open source too.