1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

anonymous via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 6 04:36:58 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 6 September 2015 at 09:42:53 UTC, Grand_Axe wrote:
> On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 21:13:12 UTC, anonymous wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 14:41:20 UTC, GrandAxe wrote:
>>> Unnetworked personal mobile devices are the target platform
>>> for the standard implementation of OBI.
>>
>> What hardware/OS (if any) will you use? Depending on the
>> answer: do you plan to submit PR to extend plattform support
>> of the compiler as necessary? Compared to your agenda full D
>> support on Android/iOS/bare metal may be easy... Anyway a
>> large codebase may be a good compiler test for ARM (or
>> whatever you use).
>
> A final target platform has not yet been settled, the main
> thrust right now is for a successful demo. However phone OS's
> such as Android (especially) and iOS have the potential to
> throw up nightmare security issues, therefore might not be
> candidates. Also the platform will need to be unnetworked which
> might knock out phone OS's.
>
> The demo will be PC based, after which it will be optimised for
> a number of target processors.

2. no network
3. portable

Conclusion:
OBI runs on a portable device with sufficient resources to
process big data in realtime (I want OBI to answer immediately) -
no laptop.

I am looking forward for such a device - I want it as least as
fast as a XEON cpu, 32 GB+ RAM and a battery life of at least
several hours.

I guess your demo will be some kind of console-based ELIZA.

"emacs -> M-x doctor" is quite good:)