Build It And They Will Not Come

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 12 07:25:46 PDT 2015

On 09/11/2015 01:59 PM, Bill Baxter via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> To be fair, wasn't the movie talking about dead baseball player ghosts
> coming? For people to take that example and apply it to other endeavors in
> life is a bit ridiculous.

That's pretty similar to how I felt about Doom3: People complained how
"unrealistic" it was to not be able to duct tape the flashlight to the
gun, but...For crap's sake, it's a game about a demon invasion from hell
and one guy single-handedly holding them all off. Realism and
believability were obviously never the point. :)

'Course, that game had other issues, but realism (or lack of) was never
one of them.

> But maybe I'm misremembering. Saw it a long time ago.

Never saw it myself, but that's what I'd heard it was about.