associative arrays with manual memory management

Ilya Yaroshenko via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 13 07:06:57 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 26 August 2015 at 12:10:17 UTC, Per Nordlöw wrote:
> On Wednesday, 26 August 2015 at 10:48:11 UTC, Ilya Yaroshenko
> >> auto a  = aa!(string, int)(Mallocator.instance); // 3rd CT
>
> highlights
>
> It would be nice to also see an example at
> https://github.com/arexeu/aammm
>
> that shows AA-usage in conjunction with some other allocator
> such as FreeList and add a note about the performance
> improvement this gives.

I have not any significant performance improvement with
FreeList/SharedFreeList comparing with Mallocator. However, the
difference can be significant for server with 20-30 core CPUs
because malloc function use internal lock.

Simple benchmark:
https://github.com/arexeu/aammm/commit/260ef4f94618b85463dec5c90e0b894b08750d07#diff-24efeb785f1d7039ab1c9bc29ba99c99R1071