Go 1.5

thedeemon via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 19 10:56:21 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 19 September 2015 at 09:22:40 UTC, Ola Fosheim
Grøstad wrote:

> Please, let's stop pretending you only have to scan the GC
> heap. You have to scan all pointers that somehow can lead to
> something that can lead to something... that points into the GC
> heap.

Yes, good point. One should keep root ranges small too.
If we carefully use addRoot() and addRange() for data directly
pointing to GC heap I think we don't need to let GC scan
everything that can lead to this data. This is error-prone in
general, of course.