cpp_binder, a not-yet-useful tool for generating C++ bindings

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 22 09:24:31 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 22 September 2015 at 15:53:22 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> Of course you didn't. In C you can mutate const object without
> cast. But it's not an issue because it's not what is usually
> done and usually const works as expected.

No. Const objects are read only. Writing to read only objects
would be undefined behaviour. I.e. illegal and could make your
computer crash if it is a hardware register or memory that does
not allow writing. Const references can exhibit aliasing if they
aren't marked as "restrict":

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/457441/does-restrict-help-in-c-if-a-pointer-is-already-marked-const