Scriptlike v0.9.4 - Perl-like interpolated strings, full examples and more.

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 23 07:46:34 PDT 2015

On 09/23/2015 02:30 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2015-09-22 22:18, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> Big update to Scriptlike, v0.9.4:
>> https://github.com/Abscissa/scriptlike
>>
>> Scriptlike is a library to help you write script-like programs in D.
>
> One thing that really bugs me in Phobos, Scriptlike seems to have the
> same problem, is that there are three (!!!) different functions to
> remove something from the file system. Give me just one function that
> removes everything, regardless if it's a file, directory and if it's
> empty or not.

Me too. That's why this latest version adds removePath and
tryRemovePath, which do exactly that ;)

http://semitwist.com/scriptlike-docs/v0.9.4/scriptlike/file/extras/removePath.html

http://semitwist.com/scriptlike-docs/v0.9.4/scriptlike/file/extras/tryRemovePath.html

(Pardon the excess paragraph breaks on those pages. *cough*
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/4745 *cough*)

Of course, that does mean two *more* functions, but at least they're the
only ones you need. :)