New blog about D

Márcio Martins via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 27 16:23:03 PDT 2015

Today I launched a very tiny and humble blog, with the first post
being about D. It's likely all posts will be about D in the end...

You can reach it http://www.mmartins.me

I want to get better at writing, as I have barely ever written
anything other than code, and my name... I noticed there aren't
many people actively blogging about D, so I will give it a go,
and in the process, try to grow the community a tiny bit by
showcasing D's strengths as I remember discovering them myself
over the course of last year writing exclusively D.

The first post is about vector swizzling. Game programmers get
spoiled by writing shaders where swizzling is extremely
convenient, and then when they go back to writing C++ they have
wet dreams about swizzing in there too. It's not a dream in D.
This was the first use-case I thought of when I first learned
about D's templates and mixins, but never got to implement it
until now.

The blog platform itself is home-made and the server-side is 100%
D (vibe.d). Once I build it up a bit more, I will probably put it
up on github as an example of how easy it is to build
high-performance frontend and backend web apps with D + vibe.d.
It is really productive once the scaffolding and pipeline is all
built.

If you have a read, please let me know where I could improve,
both my writing and the D code!

Cheers!
-M