New blog about D

Andy Smith via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 27 16:45:32 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 27 September 2015 at 23:23:05 UTC, Márcio Martins
wrote:
> Today I launched a very tiny and humble blog, with the first
> post being about D. It's likely all posts will be about D in
> the end...
>
> You can reach it http://www.mmartins.me
>
> I want to get better at writing, as I have barely ever written
> anything other than code, and my name... I noticed there aren't
> many people actively blogging about D, so I will give it a go,
> and in the process, try to grow the community a tiny bit by
> showcasing D's strengths as I remember discovering them myself
> over the course of last year writing exclusively D.
>
> The first post is about vector swizzling. Game programmers get
> spoiled by writing shaders where swizzling is extremely
> convenient, and then when they go back to writing C++ they have
> wet dreams about swizzing in there too. It's not a dream in D.
> This was the first use-case I thought of when I first learned
> about D's templates and mixins, but never got to implement it
> until now.
>
> The blog platform itself is home-made and the server-side is
> 100% D (vibe.d). Once I build it up a bit more, I will probably
> put it up on github as an example of how easy it is to build
> high-performance frontend and backend web apps with D + vibe.d.
> It is really productive once the scaffolding and pipeline is
> all built.
>
> If you have a read, please let me know where I could improve,
> both my writing and the D code!
>
> Cheers!
> -M

Great post! Really like it. If you're genuinely soliciting
constructive feedback my one suggestion would be to maybe change
the blog name to something a bit less quirky. To be honest I was
50/50 whether I'd read the post when I saw the title. Glad I read
the post in the end, but I suspect many may be put off by it....

Cheers,

A.