New blog about D

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 28 21:19:56 PDT 2015

On Monday, 28 September 2015 at 14:26:35 UTC, Chris wrote:
> It's best to keep it as general as possible (within reason).
> There is the temptation to think like an engineer and be very
> specific, but this will only attract a small audience, i.e.
> those that look for "vector swizzling". IMO, it makes more
> sense to have the article come up, when somebody types "game
> development vectors" or "game development dlang". And don't
> forget that a good title catches the reader's attention when
> s/he just skims through a homepage / search results, regardless
> of whether or not s/he's looking for "vector swizzling".

I really don't like blog posts that have overly broad titles when
the subject matter is technical. I think the title should be as
specific as possible so that I know if it's something I care
about. If I see a general title about game development that
refers to something that only touches a specific aspect of it,
one that I'm not interested in, I'll just feel like I've wasted
my time. Moreover, when I am doing a search for something
specific, the blog title is often all I pay attention to as I can
the search results. A more specific title helps out a lot.