New blog about D

Chris via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 29 03:23:20 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 29 September 2015 at 04:19:58 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Monday, 28 September 2015 at 14:26:35 UTC, Chris wrote:

> I really don't like blog posts that have overly broad titles
> when the subject matter is technical. I think the title should
> be as specific as possible so that I know if it's something I
> care about. If I see a general title about game development
> that refers to something that only touches a specific aspect of
> it, one that I'm not interested in, I'll just feel like I've
> wasted my time. Moreover, when I am doing a search for
> something specific, the blog title is often all I pay attention
> to as I can the search results. A more specific title helps out
> a lot.

It depends on what the blogger in question wants. If s/he wants
to draw attention to D in general and give examples of how D is
useful to solve certain problems (e.g. with templates, mixins
etc), then the title should be more general. The next article
might be about processing big data in D - then it should have
"big data" in the title/tag/keywords and not just something that
refers to one specific aspect of big data handling. The point is
that if people see D being associated with various aspects of
programming (games, big data), it gets them interested in D in
general.

If, however, the blogger only wants to talk about D to people who
already use D, then s/he might as well be more specific.