Release D 2.071.0

Lewis via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 10 13:18:28 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 7 April 2016 at 07:44:48 UTC, Nordlöw wrote:
> On Tuesday, 5 April 2016 at 22:43:05 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
>> Glad to announce D 2.071.0.
>
> I read somewhere recently about performance regressions in DMD.
> Were these related the import and module fixes? Were they
> fixed? Do they depend on any dmd switches?
>
> Thanks anyway!

I just updated one of my projects from 2.069.0 to 2.071.0, and
saw the build time jump from ~1.7s to ~2.5s. Take this single
informal data point with a huge grain of salt obviously, but I am
also curious about the details of this. DMD's speed is one of D's
selling points to me, and I might roll back until performance
improves if there isn't a straightforward fix.

Agreed though, otherwise a great release. Thanks for everyone's
hard work!