D goes business! Bindings for SAP NetWeaver RFC SDK

Lars Johansson via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 10 23:55:56 PDT 2016

On Monday, 4 April 2016 at 04:52:06 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:
> On Saturday, 2 April 2016 at 08:00:18 UTC, Lars Johansson wrote:
>> Hi Kai,
>> I'm for the zillionth time starting to learn D. I just started
>> with 'The D programming language' after that I will explore
>> the possibilities to access SAP from D. A good SAP is
>> important for my sucess with D. Will you maintain and develop
>> the SAP interface?
>
> Hi Lars!
>
> Yes, I maintain and develop the SAP interface. It is my 2nd pet
> project after ldc. :-)
>
> All functions from the SDK except for DecFloat16 and DecFloat34
> are available and can be used like in C. As additional goody I
> created decorate functions which throw a SAPException instead
> of returning RFC_ERROR_INFO. This simplifies the logic a lot.
>
> I really like to have more users of the SAP binding. There are
> still rough edges and I like to know about them...
>
> Regards,
> Kai

Hi Kai,
Thats good to hear, I'm struggle on with with your "D web
development". If I succeed and have the time I will try to
convert my SAP integration extension from PHP to D, just for the
hell of it. Unfortunately I have neither the skill nor the time
to help with your SAP module.
This post is obsolete but it gives an idea of what I will try to
do in D.
http://larsxjohansson.blogspot.se/2012/03/extracting-data-from-sap.html
If all goes well I will start with the conversion this summer,
but do not do anything just for me, I'm a very unreliable user.