vibe.d kafka driver & probabilistic linear counting

André via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 11 02:08:34 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 10 April 2016 at 10:51:38 UTC, yawniek wrote:
> we pushed 2 new projects:
>
> a native kafka driver to work with the vibe.d eventloop
> http://code.dlang.org/packages/kafka-d
> it's not full featured yet (no zookeeper) but the basic use
> cases work fine.
> throughput depends on the buffer sizes but we achieved gigabit
> speeds in benchmarks.
> thanks to Piotr for most of the implementation.

The news on Kafka are really great! Thanks a lot for the work!
Did you inform the Kafka developers that there is a new language
supported? Maybe this could be added to this Wiki page which
lists all supported libs and languages:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Clients.

Regards,
André