Command line utilities for tab-separated value files

Jon D via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 11 17:50:24 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I've open sourced a set of command line utilities for
manipulating tab-separated value files. They are complementary to
traditional unix tools like cut, grep, etc. They're useful for
manipulating large data files. I use them when prepping files for
R and similar tools. These tools were part of my 'explore D'
programming exercises.

The tools are here: https://github.com/eBay/tsv-utils-dlang

They are likely of interest primarily to people regularly working
with large files, though others might find the performance
benchmarks of interest as well (included in the README).

I'd welcome any feedback, either on the apps or the code.
Intention is that the code be reasonable example programs. And, I
may write a blog post about my D explorations at some point,
they'd be referenced in such an article.

--Jon