Ddb needs a maintainer

Suliman via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 12 01:31:27 PDT 2016

On Monday, 15 February 2016 at 22:50:56 UTC, Piotr Szturmaj wrote:
> On 2016-02-14 20:48, Eugene Wissner wrote:
>> I think may be we should discuss if we can/should change
>> something in
>> ddb. I think there were some interesting and promising ideas
>> in this
>> discussion. Maybe split the PostgreSQL driver and develop it
>> seperately
>> and use an interface more similar to JDBC. Maybe some kind of
>> coworking
>> with ddbc is possible to get more developers together; maybe
>> Suliman has
>> some thoughts on it.
>
> I added you and Jacob as collaborators. Please do what you
> think is right. Thanks.

Could anybody help me to understand how to get data as ubyte?

I found this places in sources.
https://github.com/pszturmaj/ddb/commit/29070ef90ba8f8d658be50a5da4aa3c96d0cdd5a
https://github.com/pszturmaj/ddb/commit/a66ff5a6aa7008235f28cce167d0ae42cc4f4df3

But I can't understand how to use it.

My code is next:

	auto cmd = new PGCommand(conn);

	cmd.query = `SELECT name, userblob FROM "USERS" ;`;

	ubyte [] x;

	try {
        auto result = cmd.executeQuery;

	   foreach (row; result)
	   {
		writeln(row[0]);
		x = row[1].get!(ubyte);

     catch (ServerErrorException e) {
         // Probably table does not exist - ignore
     }

But I am getting error:

source\app.d(28,13): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression
(( VariantN!20u __tmpfordtor3893 = row.opIndex(1u);
  , __tmpfordtor3893).get()) of type ubyte to ubyte[]
dmd failed with exit code 1.