Official dub packages for Debian and Ubuntu

Matthias Klumpp via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 14 16:09:38 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 14 April 2016 at 18:42:49 UTC, Jordi Sayol wrote:
> El 14/04/16 a les 17:54, Matthias Klumpp via
> Digitalmars-d-announce ha escrit:
>> On Tuesday, 12 April 2016 at 13:28:29 UTC, Jordi Sayol wrote:
>> [...]
>> I think with "property" you mean "virtual package". See
>> https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-relationships.html#s-virtual
>> Basically, the dmd package needs a "Provides: d-compiler"
>> line, then it should be able to satisfy the dependencies of
>> the dub package.
>
> Thanks. What happen is multiple packages, all of them not
> installed, sets "Provides: d-compiler"? Which one is installed?

I think in that case the (alphabetically) first real package is
installed. This is an uncommon case though, usually when virtual
packages are used, a default dependency is provided (so you have
"default | virtual").