Graylog Extended Log Format (GELF) for D

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 15 00:38:55 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 9 April 2016 at 20:06:01 UTC, angel wrote:
> But what about this ?
> https://forum.dlang.org/thread/eryphpbznrrovjvxjisy@forum.dlang.org

That arose out of a project that we are working on where it is
convenient to be able to integrate with std.experimental.logger.
Internal work that has been opensourced, rather than written with
the primary target of open source, and if we had more time I
would have suggested basing off Adil's work.  As it is, it was
just a write from scratch by Ilya.  I thank Adil for making me
aware of Graylog and Gelf format, as I wouldn't have known about
it otherwise.

Main benefit for us is to be able to reap the benefits of
std.experimental.logger - very easy to switch logging source, and
I think runtime cost of trace statements should be zero if turned
off.  Little fiddly state machines with a few things that need to
be ironed out that only show up now and then, so writeflns and
debugging in an IDE don't cut it.

Graylog is a bit of a monster that uses Mongo, elasticsearch and
who knows what else - for some things might be easier to use the
Gelf format with a D back end.  But it's a very nice way to think
about the problem.