Computer Vision Library in D

JN via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 19 13:17:24 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 19 April 2016 at 17:01:12 UTC, Relja Ljubobratovic
wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> For a while I was looking for a computer vision library in D on
> the web, but haven't found any. There were few libraries I
> found, providing some basic image processing functionality, but
> none that could be remotely compared to opencv or other similar
> open source computer vision toolkits present for other
> languages. Surely for a year, even maybe two, this has been
> stopping me to switch completely to D from C/C++.

OpenCV has a C interface. Wouldn't it be easier to just write
bindings to C interface of OpenCV, or make a thin D-style wrapper
over that API, and use a proven widely supported computer vision
library rather than try to reinvent the wheel?