Computer Vision Library in D

Ilya Yaroshenko via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 19 17:55:22 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 19 April 2016 at 17:01:12 UTC, Relja Ljubobratovic
wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> For a while I was looking for a computer vision library in D on
> the web, but haven't found any. There were few libraries I
> found, providing some basic image processing functionality, but
> none that could be remotely compared to opencv or other similar
> open source computer vision toolkits present for other
> languages. Surely for a year, even maybe two, this has been
> stopping me to switch completely to D from C/C++.
>
> Anyhow, lately I've started working on such library [1]. The
> plan at first was to implement the most basic computer vision
> algorithms, on top of which other more complex algorithms could
> be built on. So far, I've mostly had experience with feature
> correspondence, optical flow and stereo vision, so those would
> probably be the first few modules I'd implement.
>
> But I was really hopping to find other computer vision people
> in the D community, that would like the idea and help out. I'm
> not well experienced in D, and also It's fair to say that I'm
> not experienced well enough in computer vision area to take on
> an undertaking such as writing this library alone. So I feel
> it's evident that I'd need some help, to make this library
> usable to other computer vision scientists and engineers.
>
> Is there anyone who would like to join me?
>
> Cheers,
> Relja
>
> [1] https://github.com/ljubobratovicrelja/dcv

Hi Relja,

I am happy to see that you use ndslice. We start to build numeric
library for science and machine learning. SVM, which is used in
CV is in out TODO list. You are welcome for feature request and
for contributing.

https://github.com/DlangScience/mir

Best regards,
Ilya