Computer Vision Library in D

Bill Baxter via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 21 09:13:31 PDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 9:26 PM, rikki cattermole via
Digitalmars-d-announce <digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On 20/04/2016 7:46 PM, Relja Ljubobratovic wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, 20 April 2016 at 06:14:58 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
>>
>>> I was thinking std.math.linalg kinda seems like the right place once
>>> std.math is split up.
>>> There is an isolated one other than gfm.math. gl3n but I don't have
>>> permission to relicense to Boost. Its mostly ready unfortunately.
>>>

>> I agree it sounds nice to have linalg package in the standard library.
>> Although I'm still not sure about it - I've never seen such package in
>> any other language's standard library. I'm not saying it's not right,
>> just a bit strange to me.

Fortran has some linear algebra functions in the standard library.  :-)
Java and many other modern languages are pretty much actively hostile to
doing numerical computation,
so including a linear algebra package in the standard library of those
languages would just highlight how bad they are at it.
C++ has a tradition of not having a standard library for anything you might
actually need to get work done, so I wouldn't follow their example.

--bb