Google Summer of Code

CraigDillabaugh via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 22 15:43:43 PDT 2016

I am pleased to announce that the D Foundation has been awarded 4
slots for the 2016 Google Summer of Code.

https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/5078256051027968/

Congratulations to

Lodovico Giaretta
A replacement of std.xml for the Phobos standard library

Sebastian Wilzbach
Science for D - a non-uniform RNG

Jeremy DeHaan
Precise Garbage Collector

Wojciech Szęszoł
Improvements for dstep

on their successful proposals.

They faced very stiff competition, and unfortunately we had to
turn down a number of very good proposals.  Perhaps we should
have been more greedy and asked for six or seven slots.

I hope the community will extend a warm welcome to these
students, and we welcome all of your efforts in helping these
students achieve success in the coming months.

Finally, thanks to all our mentors who put in hours of work in
evaluating the proposals to this point.