Proposed: start DConf days one hour later

Mithun Hunsur via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 27 22:10:25 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 28 April 2016 at 04:47:38 UTC, Rory McGuire wrote:
> On 28 Apr 2016 6:30 AM, "Mithun Hunsur via
> Digitalmars-d-announce" < digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Thursday, 28 April 2016 at 03:44:51 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

> AM, therefore shifting the end time by one as well. Please
> reply with thoughts on this! We're particularly concerned about
> folks who need to take off early on Friday. -- Andrei
>>>

>>> +1
>>

>> Hmm; my talk's at 3:30pm on Friday (4:30pm after this change),
>> which
> means I'd leave at 5:30pm. My flight out of Berlin is at
> 9:30pm; how long does it take to get from the venue to the
> airport? (I'll probably have to skip the last talk of Friday,
> which is a shame.)
>
> Check Google maps. Google maps can even guess how long it will
> take at the time you specify.

Aha - if Google Maps is accurate, I have nothing to worry about
:) For reference, the number it gives me is 37 minutes.

In that case, +1 to starting late; that being said, I feel like
announcing a sweeping change like this days before the conference
seems fraught to end poorly.