xoroshiro128+ random number generator

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 29 14:40:49 PDT 2016

Spotted this reddit post the other day:
https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/4gtlfz/xoroshiro128_the_fastest_fullperiod_pseudorandom/

... and it reminded me that I've been meaning for some time to
follow up on the interesting RNG designs by Sebastiano Vigna and
colleagues.  Since I had a free moment, I thought I'd knock up a
D port of the public-domain C reference code available here:
http://xorshift.di.unimi.it/xoroshiro128plus.c

It's a first draft and obviously needs documentation, tests, etc.
before I submit it to Phobos, but I thought I'd throw it out here
if anyone wants to play with it and/or comment.  I'll also try to
follow up in the next days with an xorshift1024* implementation,
which should be similarly straightforward.

Code follows -- enjoy! :-)

struct Xoroshiro128plus
{
   public:
     enum bool isUniformRandom = true;

     /// Range primitives
     enum bool empty = false;

     /// ditto
     ulong front() @property @safe const nothrow pure
     {
         return s[0] + s[1];
     }

     /// ditto
     void popFront() @safe nothrow pure
     {
         immutable ulong s1 = s[1] ^ s[0];
         s[0] = rotateLeft(s[0], 55) ^ s1 ^ (s1 << 14);
         s[1] = rotateLeft(s1, 36);
     }

     void seed(ulong s0, ulong s1) @safe nothrow pure
     in