Running a D game in the browser

Chris via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 4 01:52:32 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 3 August 2016 at 20:26:23 UTC, Sebastien Alaiwan
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I finally managed to compile some D code to asm.js, using
> Emscripten.
>
> It had been done by one dude several years ago, but some
> changes in the inner workings of Emscripten (the introduction
> of fastcomp, also probably combined with changes in the way LDC
> generates LLVM bitcode) made it impossible to use the same
> technique.
>
> You can play a minimalistic demo:
> http://code.alaiwan.org/dscripten/full.html
>
> The source code + toolchain deployment scripts are available on
> github:
> https://github.com/Ace17/dscripten
>
> And a blogpost explaining the technique is available here:
> http://code.alaiwan.org/wp/?p=103
> (Spoiler: at some point, it involves lowering the source code
> back to C)
>
> Please let me know what you think!

Cool. I think the D Foundation should actively support stuff like
this (once funding and resources are secured). Mobile
(iOS/Android) and asm.js. That's where huge shares of the market
are, it's a "must have".

PS I don't like WASD in the game, I'm not left handed ;)