LDC 1.1.0-beta2 has been released!

kinke via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 5 07:50:39 PDT 2016

On Friday, 5 August 2016 at 12:22:05 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> On Friday, 5 August 2016 at 01:28:39 UTC, Emre Temelkuran wrote:
>> It should definitely be the reference compiler. Why they're
>> wasting power with parallel compilers. :(
>
> LLVM lags in windows support, and GDC can generate faster code
> and supports more architectures.

I *seriously* doubt GDC's Windows support is better than LDC's.
;) And comparing GDC/LDC to DMD is comparing apples to oranges
due to the immense difference in backend/optimizer complexity and
supported architectures.

The only missing biggie in LLVM for Windows right now is .pdb
support (debuginfos), which is under active development. Apart
from that, LLVM's Windows support is close to ideal, fitting
nicely into the native MSVC toolchain (true for both clang and
LDC).

I'd also argue that LDC can also generate faster code than GDC
for some inputs. ;) I'd expect their performance to be more or
less on par on average.